30 minutes Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
The 30 minutes Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry is a healthy one. I used to be under the impression that it was the healthier choice of meal. It was the cheaper choice and not as easy on the wallet as other entrees on the menu.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 large or 3 small-medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup water or chicken broth
How to Make the Sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup cold water + 1 tablespoon corn starch
- green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
Whisk together all sauce ingredients (except for water and corn starch) and set aside.
Drizzle a large skillet over medium heat with oil. Add chicken, season with Chinese five spice, and saute for 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Add broccoli florets to pan, saute 2-3 minutes until broccoli starts to become crisp on the edges. Add 1/3 cup water or chicken broth and cook for 4-6 minutes longer until broccoli is fork-tender.
Add chicken back to pan. Pour sauce into the pan and give it a good stir. Whisk together 1/2 cup cold water and corn starch until dissolved, then stir into the pan. Once sauce has thickened (about 1 minute) cook 2-3 minutes longer, then garnish with onions and sesame seeds and serve.