French Onion Salisbury Steak is a delicious take on a classic dinner recipe! This comfort food is so natural to make and contains the most amazing savoury gravy! This one is a true classic, a childhood fave, at least for those people that grew up at the mid-west and loved our comfort foods all fall / winter long! I’ve seen it called Salisbury steak, hamburger steak, and chopped steak. But it’s the exact same thing! Either way, I already have a yummy Chopped Steak recipe in my website, and I knew I needed to do another version but, mix things up a bit. Since everybody loves our French Onion Beef and Noodles so much, I thought it would be great to do a type of skillet burger patty. I had been correct, and the french onion gravy is simply so mouthwatering, and then of course topping them off with cheese not hurts anything.
MAKING FRENCH ONION SALISBURY STEAK:
- This recipe comes together in roughly thirty minutes. First things first, melt the butter in a large skillet and then add your onions combined with a few Worcestershire plus some of your beef broth. The blossoms will cook, you’re able to sometimes stir, for approximately 6-8 minutes until they’re fine and gold.
- I like to create my patties while the onions are cooking. Mix up your ground beef, lettuce, egg, and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Roll the meat into five balls, then shape them into patties and place them aside on a plate.
- Once the sausage gold, leave them into the pan and scoot them about to make room for those patties. Get the beef in there and simmer for 4 minutes on each side before beginning to brown, then eliminate them onto a blank plate.
- Now stir the onions and sprinkle over the flour. Keep stirring for just about one minute to cook the meal. Then you can slowly pour into your beef broth while using a wooden spoon to scrape up any bits on the bottom of the pan. You’ll only have to take 1-2 minutes to perform this part, and the sausage will continue to overeat while still simmering with the meat.
French Onion Salisbury Steak
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2 medium yellow onions Thinly Sliced
- 1 larg egg
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce divided
- 2 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Melt the butter. Add 1/4 cup of the beef broth, 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce, and also the onions and stir to coat the onions.
- Keep on cooking the onions, stirring occasionally until golden and soft for 6-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl add breadcrumbs, egg, 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, the ground beef, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and salt.
- Use a spoon or your hands to combine the beef mix until everything is blended.
- Type the beef mixture then flatten into patties.
- Once the onions have softened, scoot them to the side and add the patties to your pan.
- Fry the patties for 4 minutes each side remove to a plate.
- Stir the onions round then sprinkle the flour over the onions and cook.
- Gently pour the beef broth to the skillet, scraping any browned bits and stirring.
- Reduce the heat and insert back the patties.
- Top each patty with the cheese. Cover the skillet and simmer for seconds until cheese is melted, gravy is thickened, and the meat is cooked .
Thats all from us, hopefully can give a benefit to all readers.