Trump confuses everyone with first tweet after account is back up

Compartir

Hours later Friday, Twitter said it implemented "safeguards to prevent this from happening again".

In a series of its own tweets, the company said: "We are conducting a full internal review". A majority of Trump's tweets over the following few months are overtly political, criticizing then President Obama - who went virtually unmentioned on his feed until this day - criticizing Republicans, and particularly ripping into John Boehner, then the Republican Speaker of the House. Of course, their jubilation was short-lived as the account was restored not even 15 minutes after it was initially deactivated. "For 11 minutes America wasn't under Russian rule!" Make of that what you will.

The statement drew praise for the mysterious Twitter Inc employee who committed the act of "human error".

The move was immature, and unprofessional. The sort of thing a customer support rep needs to be able to do if, say, trying to help a user upload some godforsaken image file for his avatar, an image that you know is never going to work.

Another said: "Out there is a prospective employer who'll read a CV containing the phrase 'at my last job I shut down Trump's Twitter'". "This is a serious issue and one of national security". Are there safeguards in place to protect official government accounts?

While some called for the account to be taken down again others defended the Presidents right to free speech.

Most Twitter users responded to the news that one employee had been behind the deletion by asking if they had an Amazon wishlist or a GoFundMe they could donate to. In fact, at this time, the Obama administration was making a concerted effort to all take social media more seriously. Some people seemed to think the site was better off without him.

On Thursday President Donald Trump's infamous Twitter account, which he has used to shape everything from Department of Defense policy to America's foreign relations with North Korea, disappeared from the social media platform for 11 minutes.

The Washington Post reports that whoever it is, she/he may be facing hacking charges.

"Rockas, Ross's press secretary, tried to distance Ross from the Sibur deal with a series of statements that were contradicted by other sources".

Compartir